.::Those Taking the Journey::.

13.5.10

.::Late Night Musings and a Streetlight::.

 

Isn't it funny how something so seemingly trivial can spark deep thoughts...? Across the street, diagonal to my bedroom window, there's an orange streetlight. I love the the glow of it and the way sneaks and peaks in through my blinds...


A pale orange glow is cast on whatever it touches... The light's pattern is striped, because it reaches within and around the blinds, but some of the light is blocked by the blinds...

Tonight, I lay on my back looking at that light... Watching the light dance across my blinds, my bed myself and the floor... The wind blows the trees, causing them to sway... The leaves cause the light to dance, as the leaves sway around and in front of the light...

I reach my hand out to touch the light, but instead, my hand meets with the cool, smooth window... I run my hand along the window... Deep in thought (Strange how distance is perception...)... I place my middle finger over the light, covering it... The light glowing around my fingers...

He's a lot like this light... So close, yet so far... So intimate, yet so distant... He is with me, yet not...

His mind travels to meet me... My mind travels to meet him... And we meet somewhere in between... Elevating above this realm and connecting somewhere in the Cosmos... Possibly somewhere among Pleiades...

Hmm... Funny how distance is perception... You see, we're only as close as our spiritual connection...

But still... I wish you were here next to me... Physically...

Funny how something like a street light could spark such thoughts...

.::To be continued::.

1 comment:

  1. So true distance is perception and it can def take ur mind on a trip if u let it. U can embrace the distance and imagine the person near u or u can reject and make it torment u. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete